CASE of 10 - PolyPlex NLGI 1 Winter Grease - AirTec® Extreme Duty Multi-Purpose Grease Cartridge for Lube-Shuttle®
PolyPlex NLGI 1 Winter Grease is a version of the Li400 extreme duty general purpose grease.
PolyPlex NLGI 1 meets a wide range of standards set by equipment manufacturers. It's appropriate for use in most recreation and automotive applications as well as construction, agriculture, manufacturing, and heavy industry.
- Base Oil Vis. (40°C) 142 cSt
- Temperature Range -40°C to +120°C
- Drop Temperature 260°C
- 4-Ball Weld Load 400 kgF
- Specifications NLGI 1
Manufactured in Germany by Wagner Specialty Lubricants. 400g.
This product listing is for cases of 10 Lube-Shuttle cartridges with industrial (plain) labeling. Additional formats are available including pails, kegs, drums and totes. Contact Us to place an order.
About NLGI Grades
NLGI (National Lubricating Grease Institute) grades are a measure of the consistency or thickness of grease. The NLGI grade is a numerical scale ranging from 000 (very fluid) to 6 (very hard). NLGI 1 and NLGI 2 are two common grades of grease, and the main difference lies in their consistency and applications.
1. NLGI 1 Grease:
- Consistency: NLGI 1 grease is relatively softer and has a lower viscosity compared to higher NLGI grades. It is more fluid and has a semi-fluid or semi-solid consistency.
- Applications: NLGI 1 grease is often used in applications where lower viscosity and softer consistency are required. It is suitable for centralized lubrication systems, low-temperature environments, and situations where the grease needs to flow more easily.
2. NLGI 2 Grease:
- Consistency: NLGI 2 grease is thicker and has a more solid consistency compared to NLGI 1. It is a standard grease consistency that provides good staying power and resistance to mechanical shear.
- Applications: NLGI 2 grease is widely used in general-purpose applications and is suitable for a variety of conditions. It provides good protection against water washout and maintains its consistency under moderate mechanical stress. NLGI 2 grease is commonly used in automotive and industrial applications.
When choosing between NLGI 1 and NLGI 2 grease, it's essential to consider the specific requirements of the application, including factors such as temperature, load, speed, and environmental conditions. The selection of the appropriate NLGI grade ensures that the grease provides effective lubrication and protection for the equipment or machinery in question.